Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day Three and Day Four (Hours 10 - 20)

My second week of interning at The Rick and Bubba Show was a little different than the first week because this week I (or any other intern) did not have older interns at the station to help us out.
Doing things by myself was a little nerve racking, but I have already learned so much from it.

On Monday January 12, I arrived at the station at 4:45 a.m. and began my normal duties of the early shift. This shift requires a lot of running back and forth for the guys just to get the Rick and Bubba segment ready after the kick-off hour that starts at 5 a.m.
The Rick and Bubba segment was a normal 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. show.

On Wednesday January 14, I arrived at 4:45 again and this time I had a little help from a new intern who does not have a nick name yet. But I like getting things started and finished on my own because I have always been that type of person.
I kept a close eye on Speedy this day because at this point in my life, I need to decide a career path for myself. Speedy is the producer of the show, so I kept a close eye on him.
It was a normal, busy day. I kept the records of the show, and helped produce the show by taking the best callers with the best comments.

I am still trying to get used to going to sleep at 8 p.m. and waking up at 3 a.m., but I haven't had a day where I was not excited and anxious to be there.

Signed,
Joggin' and Bloggin'

No comments:

Post a Comment