Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day Five and Six (Hours 20 - 30)

I woke up at the normal (but not really normal) hours between 3 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. and intended for my days at work to be like a normal day, but days five and six brought new information and a "caught off guard" on-air interview for myself.

Day Five

This day, January 19, I was able to stay until the very end of the show because we were out of school for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I normally have to leave a little early in order to get back to Tuscaloosa for class. I did the normal recording, phone-screening, and switching cameras during the 5 a.m. to 10 a.m. show. At the end of the show, I learned how to record and edit commercials. After Rick and Bubba record the commercials for during/after the show, I edited out the long spaces, mess-ups, and other sounds not included in the commercial script. I then sent the finished product to advertisers for them to listen/edit as well.


Day Six

This day, January 21, was a normal recording, phone-screening, and switching cameras kind of day until I was pulled off the recorder and Bubba put me on air over the topic of "Economics in the school systems". It was a great segment and I was glad to be apart of it because my minor is in political science, so it did not bother me to talk about it. I experienced a little more of being on-air and I liked it, but I still love working behind the scenes to help get the show ready.

Signed,
Joggin' and Bloggin'

No comments:

Post a Comment