Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 1 - Learning the Ropes (Hours 1 - 5)

Walking into The Rick and Bubba studio, I'll admit I had no idea what to expect. After listening to them my whole life on the radio, going in I felt like I knew them. I realized quickly there is more to them then just what you hear on the radio. From the first day I found out that Bubba likes to eat everything, Rick loves to sing out loud, Adler's dog is very important to him, Greg has the best jokes, Speedy's bald head shines really bright in the studio, and Helmsey seems really put together.

I have been trained to answer the phones when people want to call in, win prizes, and just simply tell the guys something. I am helping produce the show by choosing the callers who have the best comments on the topic.

I'm learning quickly how important it is to pick the best callers for the show. Rick says it's important to choose someone who has opposing views because it's boring when someone calls in to agree with them.

Adler is teaching me to switch cameras, be quick on choosing who to put in the shot, and how graphics work. 

I also keep up with the recording segments and what the topic was the guys were talking about.

Signed,
Joggin' and Bloggin'

No comments:

Post a Comment