Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Last Week Days Twenty-Six and Twenty-Seven (Hours 125 - 135)

My last week at The Rick and Bubba Show proved that this whole experience was worth every 3:30 a.m. alarm clock. I have had the privilege to work with some of the most humble, patient, loud, and humorous guys that I know. (And being "loud" is a good thing because it kept me awake during the show).
 I have learned what it's like to work in a fast-paced environment with people who take a lot of criticism for what they say. Not only did I gain experience in editing, but I also got to work with cameras for the Heartland Network. That was my favorite part.
The Rick and Bubba fan base definitely helps make the show. Some fans called in to wish me luck with everything in my future. That's when I realized how much everyone at the show means to them.

It's definitely easy to feel comfortable around the guys, but (for future interns) remember that you came to work. There's a time for work and a time for play. You have to help prepare and make the show happen. Ask questions if you don't remember how to do something or if you want to learn more about something if you're not sure how it works.

My last interview went great. We discussed my future, Rick applauded me on my hard work, and I got to joke around with the guys for the last time. It was an interview that I'll never forget. 

Thank you to the Rick and Bubba crew for all you've done for me! I couldn't ask for a better first internship experience! 

-Joggin' & Bloggin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment